CosMedix Purity Peel is a metabolic peel for the treatment of acne, oily and congested skin. Combining 10% encapsulated Retinol AGP plus a complex blend of Chirally Correct acids. Including L-Lactic acid, L-Mandelic acid, Salicylic acid and Pyruvic acid to provide deep exfoliation and decongest pores.
The CosMedix Purity Peel also contains Ferulic acid, a very powerful antioxidant to help prevent free radical damage and repair the skin. Plus, Zinc and Turmeric for their anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
The main benefit with this treatment, that you don’t get from traditional salicylic acid peels (often used to treat acne) is the addition of hero ingredient Vitamin A. Non-irritating encapsulated Retinol helps to regulate sebum / oil production, increases cellular turnover and repairs barrier function.
Often traditional chemical peels and other acne treatments use acids to simply exfoliate the skin. What makes CosMedix Purity Peel so effective is the complex cocktail of ingredients that target the multiple causes of acne.
Combining non-traumatic exfoliation from Chiral AHA’s and BHA salicylic acid to dissolve oil within the pore. Plus, the anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and antioxidant properties to support the skins healing process.
Mild redness – 3-5 days peeling.
The skin will look refreshed and rejuvenated for several months, regular repeated treatments are often indicated for maximum results.
Brighter complexion, reduced pore size, skin rejuvenation, reduces the appearance of acne and acne scarring.
Active Cold sores, Pregnancy, breast feeding, Skin Infections.
Price – £80
- Moderate depth epidermal peel
- Inhibits bacterial overgrowth
- Controls sebaceous activity
- The perfect treatment for oily, acne-prone and congested skin
- Corrective acne peel that targets multiple factors of acne
- Leaves the skin clearer, softer and healthier looking
- Can help to treat post-inflammatory hyperpigment
- Retinol AGP Complex 10% – Anti-aging, stimulates cell turnover, encourages cell growth, all the benefits of retinol with added antioxidants. AGP (arabino-glactan protein) regulates sebaceous activity. Clinical studies indicate significant changes in the skin composition, increased collage, DNA, skin thickness and elasticity
- Salicylic Acid 4.75% – Used as an antimicrobial and a skin-sloughing agent in Purity Peel, prevents acne oily skin and open comedones, keratolytic, analgeic, anti-inflammatory, improves condition and appearance of the skin
- Pyruvic Acid – Therapeutic peeling agent for acne, Melasma & warts
- L-Lactic Acid 4.25% – Chirally Correct lactic acid softens proteins and stimulates collagen synthesis.
- Ferulic Acid – a natural antioxidant that removes free radicals from skin and suppresses melanin generation, by counteracting with tyrosine production. Used as a UV protectant, contains anti-inflammatory properties
- L-Mandelic Acid 3% – Chirally correct AHA acid from almonds that is anti-inflammatory
- Zinc – An essential mineral that carries out a large variety of metabolic processes in the body. It is a component of over three hundred enzymes, which are used to maintain healthy cell production, synthesise protein, enhance immunity and protect the body against harmful free radicals. Supports healing skin.
Depending on skin conditions, multiple treatments may be necessary for desired results. A series of two to three treatments applied once every four weeks will achieve optimal results for more severe skin conditions such as active acne.
All skin types (Fitzpatrick 1-6) are safe to treat and will reveal considerable improvements from The Purity Peel.
A mild to moderate tingling maybe experienced.